Saturday, January 01, 2005

I Can Live With This

Singles get tougher and tougher for me every year as I retreat further and further into a netherworld of moldy oldies. My new year's resolution is to see what the kids are up to. More Fuse, MTV, VH1, BET, and CMT. I will report back later. When I lived in Philly I just sort of inhaled pop and rap and the like cuz it was everywhere and I bought a fair share of it as well. Living in the sticks makes it easier to succumb to the cave-like jugband haze that so many of my hipster elders have found themselves enjoying. I bought that Fiery Furnaces album for Maria thinking it would be her kind of thing, and it turns out that it is really really my kind of thing. I'm in with the in crowd when it comes to that album. I'm a little addicted to it. Anyway:



Scott Seward, your votes have been recorded.

Your Pazz & Jop albums ballot was submitted as follows:

1. Big & Rich - Horse Of A Different Color - Warner Bros. (30 points)
2. The Fiery Furnaces - Blueberry Boat - Rough Trade (10 points)
3. Keren Ann - Not Going Anywhere - Metro Blue (10 points)
4. The Homosexuals - Astral Glamour - Messthetics (10 points)
5. 15.60.75 - Jimmy Bell's Still In Town - Hearthan (10 points)
6. David Thomas & Two Pale Boys - 18 Monkeys On A Dead Man's Chest - Smog Veil/Hearthan (10 points)
7. Orphaned Land - Mabool - Century Media (5 points)
8. Tarentel - We Move Through Weather - Temporary Residence (5 points)
9. The Gris Gris - The Gris Gris - Birdman (5 points)
10. Das Oath - Das Oath - Dim Mak (5 points)

Your Pazz & Jop singles ballot has been recorded as follows:

1. Destiny's Child featuring T.I. & Lil Wayne - "Soldier"
2. Gretchen Wilson - "Redneck Woman"
3. George Strait - "I Hate Everything"
4. Gretchen Wilson - "Here For The Party"
5. Destiny's Child - "Lose My Breath"
6. Jay-Z - "99 Problems"
7. Britney Spears - "Toxic"
8. Big & Rich - "Rollin'(The Ballad Of Big & Rich)"
9. Big & Rich - "Save A Horse(Ride A Cowboy)"
10. M.I.A. - "Galang"


3 Comments:

Blogger Raised By Bees said...

Hey Scott,

I'm so glad you have a blog now! I hear tons of pop and rap working at the record store but there's tons of indie crap I don't care about, so for me, it's about finding the middle ground and finding stuff that is fun.

Sara Sherr

7:49 PM  
Blogger Scott Seward said...

Hi Sara! Happy New Year! Yeah, I just find that it gets easier and easier for me to forget the "real" world and what is going on here and now. I don't really want that to happen. I want to remain engaged with the wide and wild pop universe.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Scott Seward said...

Oops, sorry, maria. busted in blogland! but i buy a lot and my memory ain't what it used to be!

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home