Tuesday, May 07, 2013
- Name: Scott Seward
- Location: Greenfield, Massachusetts, United States
My name is Scott Seward. I sell records and write about music. I wrote about music for the Village Voice on a freelance basis from 1999 until 2006. I wrote for the amazing Decibel Magazine on a monthly basis for about 6 years. I contributed to the 2004 Rolling Stone Album Guide (They let me do Black Sabbath & The Stooges among others which I thought was pretty awesome). I was featured in the book Marooned put out by Da Capo Press (a sequel to the Greil Marcus-edited book Stranded). Most recently I was featured in the book Pop When The World Falls Apart edited by Eric Weisbard and put out by Duke University Press. It's a really good book. I've written for a bunch of newspapers and magazines too, but now I mostly write for myself and tend to my record store. I'm currently writing a book that will be way better than Richard Meltzer's Gulcher. Nothing against Melzer. I just like to aim high.
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- I Love Ocean State Job Lot
- Pop When The World Falls Apart: Music In The Shado...
- My Store In July
- 4th of July Record Shopping
- Hey, Scott, What Have You Been Listening To Lately...
- Hadley Flea Market 5/27/12
- John Doe Jr. Used Records & Books FAQ
- This Is What I Got At The Flywheel Record Show. Be...
- ART CAMP 4/16/12