Tuesday, January 24, 2012
- Name: Scott Seward
- Location: Greenfield, Massachusetts, United States
My name is Scott Seward. I sell records and write about music. I wrote about music for the Village Voice on a freelance basis from 1999 until 2006. I wrote for the amazing Decibel Magazine on a monthly basis for about 6 years. I contributed to the 2004 Rolling Stone Album Guide (They let me do Black Sabbath & The Stooges among others which I thought was pretty awesome). I was featured in the book Marooned put out by Da Capo Press (a sequel to the Greil Marcus-edited book Stranded). Most recently I was featured in the book Pop When The World Falls Apart edited by Eric Weisbard and put out by Duke University Press. It's a really good book. I've written for a bunch of newspapers and magazines too, but now I mostly write for myself and tend to my record store. I'm currently writing a book that will be way better than Richard Meltzer's Gulcher. Nothing against Melzer. I just like to aim high.
- Rufus and Scott Review 90’s Indie Rock They’ve Nev...
- Some 2011 Favorites (That Didn't Come Out In 2011)...
- Till The World Ends - Top Ten Albums Of 2011
- what i've been playing and buying
- more boys
- My 2011 EMP Pop Conference Paper
- Top Ten Of The Week
- HELEN MERRILL - DREAM OF YOU (EMARCY)
- SKOT'S HIT PARADE FOR THE WEEK