Tuesday, September 07, 2010
- Name: Scott Seward
- Location: Greenfield, Massachusetts, United States
My name is Scott Seward. I sell records and write about music. I wrote about music for the Village Voice on a freelance basis from 1999 until 2006. I wrote for the amazing Decibel Magazine on a monthly basis for about 6 years. I contributed to the 2004 Rolling Stone Album Guide (They let me do Black Sabbath & The Stooges among others which I thought was pretty awesome). I was featured in the book Marooned put out by Da Capo Press (a sequel to the Greil Marcus-edited book Stranded). Most recently I was featured in the book Pop When The World Falls Apart edited by Eric Weisbard and put out by Duke University Press. It's a really good book. I've written for a bunch of newspapers and magazines too, but now I mostly write for myself and tend to my record store. I'm currently writing a book that will be way better than Richard Meltzer's Gulcher. Nothing against Melzer. I just like to aim high.
- What I've Been Listening To All Week
- Hey Colossus - Project:Death
- Grave In The Sky - Cutlery Hits China: English For...
- My Filthy 50 List In Decibel Magazine
- Red Harvest - A Greater Darkness (Season of Mist -...
- Vog - S/T (Shifty Records)
- Isole - Bliss of Solitude (Napalm - 2008)
- Upon Listening To Amok's Necrospiritual Deathcore
- What I’ve Been Listening To
- My Favorite Albums From 2007