Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hey Colossus - Project:Death

I still haven't heard the newest album by Hey Colossus, but that's okay, because I'm still digging in to Project:Death. Project:Death was put out by four, count them, FOUR labels. How crazy is that? Four fairly tiny labels too. Shifty, Jonson Family, Rimbaud, and Under Hill Records. Okay, you got me. I'm really only familiar with Shifty, probably the premier sludge label in the U.S. And I'm really glad that they had a hand in getting this record to the states. Why no bigger labels would want to put out a Hey Colossus album is beyond me. Or maybe the band likes to keep things manageable. As far as I'm concerned, they are truly one of the finest rock bands I can think of from the U.K. Their heaviness is so deep and satisfying. If they toured a bunch in the states, I'll bet they could convert hordes of malnourished children to their cause. I can't recommend Project:Death enough. Like that Vog album on Shifty that I adore so much, Hey Colossus make a mighty roar that is never dull. This is inspiring music. What will it inspire you to do? Hmmm, I don't know. Maybe it will simply inspire you to get out of bed in the morning. Hey, that's a start! Anyway, you rarely hear sludge this mind-expanding. And I will be on the look out for that new album!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home